Kirsti Wilkinson and Fraser Bayley run a small scale mixed farming enterprise on the South Coast of NSW. We grow a range of vegetables, chickens for eggs and meat and beef cattle.
We can offer internships for a minimum of 2 months between September and
March. We will endeavour to show you what great things can be done on a small farm, what mistakes we have made, how to produce on crappy, shaley ground, how to sell your produce and enjoy it all at the same time. We expect from you a good demeanour and sense of humour, a strong work ethic, an enquiring mind, an observant eye and self motivation.
This is not a WOOFing program, we want to share our experience and
knowledge with people who aim to gain a deeper understanding of small scale biological farming systems and who want to continue to grow in this field, it is not a working holiday.
At this stage of our evolution we can accept an individual or couple. We can offer a comfortable room, with cooking facilities, you would have access to our laundry and bathroom. We would provide food for your fridge and cupboard and one main meal every day and you would also be free to cook meals with whatever produce is on.
Work would be 5 x 8 hour days with one weekday and Sunday off. Chores do need to be done 7 days a week after all this is a working farm but we would work a roster to share this around.
You will need-
- to be fit and able, there is a lot of uneven ground, trip hazards, hard work which is at times repetitive and strenuous.
- your own transport would be handy. The beach and the shops are not a stroll down the road and we cannot be running you hither and thither.
- to be able to meet with us in person and work with us for 2 or 3 days to see if we all can work together.
- to be honest with yourself and to us
- to ask questions all day long.
If you are interested in this opportunity email us or phone and ask questions
02 4473 6042